Through the years I have tried numerous stuffed mushroom recipes. After trying so many I have learned what I like the most in my stuffed mushrooms.
What you will need
- 2 tbsp mayo
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp of hot sauce (your choice)
- 1/4 tsp minced garlic (I love garlic)
- 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 18 large mushrooms
- 1 shallot onion, finely chopped
- Fresh or dried parsley
- Old Bay seasoning (yes even without crab)
- Add fresh crab for crab stuffed mushrooms.
- Add finely chopped peppers or garlic.
Here is a wonderful recipe I found on Pinterest. I tried several and this was by far the best but I did not like the peppers in it. As you can see I changed the ingredients to my taste. My Songs of Joy…Family Food & Wine.
Normally I do not put up a tree for Halloween but this year as I was making my wreath and door hanger I started thinking of adding a matching tree to the front porch.
The colors I wanted in my door hanger and wreath/ witches broom were purple and orange. From there the wheels in my head began to spin with ideas for decorating a tree.
- Mesh Curly-Q’s
The tree topper is one of my favorite things about any tree. I originally was going to use a witch hat as the topper until I found this owl at Michael’s Craft Store. They add a little color around the owl and mesh I choose a few different colors and style of sprays.
I had no idea what I was going to put on the tree except for the felt witch hats I had added to my door hanger and witches broom. One of the first places I always look for decorations is the Dollar Store. I usually do not find actual tree decorations there but instead I find knickknacks that I turn into tree decorations. I found the cutest shelf sitters: pumpkin, mummy, and skeleton at the Dollar Store. I used my floral wire and wrapped it around their necks to get them to sit on the tree limbs. Another great find at the Dollar Store was the black birds and the fuzzy black owls.
At Michael’s Craft store I found the most amazing witches to hang on my tree. I have to say the witches are my favorite part of my Halloween tree.
Once I finished decorating I realized I needed a tree skirt to complete my tree. So I made a reversible tree skirt that I would be able to use on other holiday trees I do throughout the year.
- Pipe cleaner or floral wire
- If using pipe cleaner cut each pipe in half. If using floral wire cut wire pieces approximately 4″ – 5″ long
- I have used both pipe cleaner and floral wire and I like them both. Cost wise floral wire is cheaper and last longer.
- 10′ rolls of mesh in your desired color or colors
- Tree or wreath
- (The only store in my area that sales the mesh is AC Moore Arts & Crafts. Regular price is $9.99 a roll so I wait for it to go on sale for under $5.00 or I use a 40% off coupon.)
- Be sure to add lights to your tree before adding curly-Q’s.
STEP FOUR – PLACE IN TREE
Once you have made your desired amount of curly-Q’s, begin sticking them in your tree. You can stick them in your tree or use the wire you wrapped around the two curly-Q’s to attach to the tree branches. If curly-Q’s are stuck into the tree far enough they will not fall out.