- Sleeve- With elbow slightly bent, measure from the center of neck (backside), over point of shoulder, around elbow and down to the wrist.
- Chest- Holding the tape firm and level, measure around the fullest part of the chest, just under the arms and around the shoulder blades.
- Bust (Women Only)- Measure cross the bust and back, under arms with arms at rest (not under the bust).
- Hips (Women Only)- Measure over clothing, around fullest part of hips.
- Waist- Along natural waist, at the narrowest point. Or measure at the height you prefer to wear your waistband. This will not give you an accurate size depending on some garment styles.
- Inseam- Measure from crotch seam (inside leg) to desired leg length. An accurate measuring would be from crotch seam to top of ankle bone. Using a pair of pants that fit you well, measure from the crotch to the bottom of the leg. For shorts, measure from the crotch to where the shorts will end. If you wear your pants baggy, be sure to pull the crotch up tight, then take your measurement. Remember when listing your inseam, you should always check each pair of pants out first. As the crotch area being higher or lower will result in a different inseam measurement.
- Out Seam- Measure from top of waistband to the bottom of the cuff. More accurate than the inseam measurement. If this is the same style of pants, you are having altered. Hip huggers, and low rise pants will naturally be a short out seam measurement compared to something with a natural waistline.
Measure around the neck just like you would for a collar. Allow some room for comfort.
Measure along backbone from base of neck to base of tail. This is where the collar rests to where the tail meets the back/rear-end.
C- Shirt Length
Measure from nape of neck down spine to the beginning of the rear legs.
D- Chest (Girth)
Measure the chest at its widest point, all the way around, usually right behind the front legs. If the dog has a large girth, you may want to go up a size.
Measure all the way around the waist just in front of the back legs.
F- Leg Length
Measure from the top of the leg to the top of paw.